New England Burials at Sea accommodates individuals with disabilities of many types. Your Captain is the best resource for up-to-the-minute local information and ADA and USAB compliance.
Marinas, piers and docks and ramps with wheelchair access are available at most locations. New England Burials at Sea is constantly updating its locations with the latest information.
For hearing impaired passengers, American Sign Language (ASL) interpreters can be arranged with advance notice.
We take many sight-impaired people out to sea with us, with their companion dogs as well. New England Burials at Sea vessels are pet friendly, but it’s important for us to know in advance if pets are to join you for the service.
While language is not a disability, it is always helpful to have an interpreter aboard who can facilitate communication with the Captain, crew and guests. Please advise us in advance for any special language requirements, and we will do our best to provide a qualified communicator. Additional costs may apply, depending on availability during your time frame.
More about Languages
- On the right side of each page, find Translate to:
- Click the down arrow, and highlight your language (in blue) and click to select.
- Click the “Translate” button below.
- The page will translate to your language
- To return to the original language (English), click “return to original”
- When you mouse over the text of the site, a bubble will appear which shows each paragraph in the original language (English)
- To return to English, go to the top right (above the blue bar) and click “Original”.
- The entire site will return to English.
Note: The Google translator uses Flash and may not work as expected on some devices.
If you have a Special Needs or Language proficiency
New England Burials at Sea has frequent need for ASL signing and language translators in many locations.
- Qualified RID certified and non-RID certified Interpreters that can help us meet the needs of Deaf and Hard of Hearing passengers.
- Language Proficiency/Linguistic Access professionals and providers of culturally appropriate linguistic services
If you enjoy being on the water, are responsible, respectful of others, and would like to work with New England Burials at Sea in a location near you, our human resources office will be happy to interview you over the phone. For an up-to-date list of locations, please go to Burial At Sea Services and, Locations We Service in the top menu. If you do not see your location listed, please feel free to submit your credentials for consideration, as new locations are added frequently.