New England’s most requested at sea burial service offers affordable, individualized and personal memorial ash scattering services from many locations along the scenic coast of Maine from Bar Harbor to York, currently departing from the following ports.
- Maine (listed from north to south:)
- New Hampshire – Portsmouth, Hampton, Seabrook
- Massachusetts – Newburyport, Gloucester, Boston, Quincy, Hingham, Cohasset, Scituate, Marshfield, Plymouth, Provincetown, Hyannis, Harwichport, Martha’s Vineyard
- Rhode Island – Point Judith (Galilee), Portsmouth, Newport
- Connecticut – Mystic, New London, Niantic, Old Saybrook, Stamford
- New York (Long Island) – Montauk, Shelter Island, Greenport, Shinnecock Inlet, Mattituck, Moriches Inlet, Fire Island, Captree State Park, Seaford, Freeport,
- New Jersey – Atlantic City, Wildwood, Bellmawr
- Delaware – Lewes
- Maryland – Annapolis offshore, Ocean City
- Virginia – Virginia Beach and Hampton (Seasonally)
- North Carolina – Hatteras, Outer Banks
- Florida – Port Canaveral, Sebastian Inlet, Stuart, Miami / Lauderdale, Sarasota, Clearwater, Tampa, the Keys, Panama City, Destin.
- California – Sausalito, San Francisco, Monterey Bay, San Pedro, Morro Bay, Marina del Rey, Los Angeles, Long Beach, Newport Beach, San Diego
Many NEBAS vessels also travel from port to port.
What does Sea Burial Certification Mean?
More about Funeral Director Sea Burial Certfication (for Funeral Directors)
Ask about ash scatterings within sight of lighthouses, a great way to give families and friends a location to visit with their loved ones from shore.