- Click here to see the current weather and forecast for Scituate, MA from Forecast.Weather.gov.
- Today’s Tide Information
- Today’s Coastal Waters Forecast
- Station 44013 – BOSTON 16 NM East of Boston, MA
- Scituate, MA Weather from WunderGround.com
- National Weather Service Radar Loop
- Boston Area Weather Radar by Intellicast.com
- Northeast Regional Weather
- Current Conditions Offshore
- Current Ocean Temperature
- Weather Radar and Satellite Images
- On Line Charts
- White Cap Charters Weather Policy
Guide to the USCG Coastal Warning Flags
Whenever a boater sees ANY of the Coastal Warning Display system flags, he or she should immediately tune to the local weather radio broadcasts or telephone recordings for localized, specific information.
Small Craft Advisory
The Small Craft Advisory is an advisory in Coastal Waters and Near shore forecasts for sustained winds, frequent gusts, or sea/wave conditions, exceeding defined thresholds specific to geographic areas. A Small Craft Advisory may also be issued when sea or lake ice exists that could be hazardous to small boats. It is issued when winds have reached, or are expected to reach within 12 hours, a wind speed up to 38 mph (33 knots). There is no legal definition of “small craft”.
A gale warning is issued when winds have reached, or are expected to reach between 39 mph (34 knots) and 55 mph (48 knots).
A storm warning is issued when winds have reached, or are expected to reach between 55 mph (48 knots) and 74 mph (65 knots.)
A Hurricane warning is issued when winds have reached, or are expected to reach 74 mph (65 knots) or greater.
Source: USCG Storm Center