It is always helpful to have an interpreter aboard who can facilitate communication with the Captain, crew and guests. While many family members are multilingual, there are often occasions where New England Burials at Sea provides for special language requirements. Please advise us in advance for any, and we will do our best to provide a qualified communicator. Additional costs may apply, depending on on availability during your time frame.
- On the right side of each page, find Translate to:
- Click the down arrow, and highlight your language (in blue) and click to select.
- Click the “Translate” button below.
- The page will translate to your language
- To return to the original language (English), click “return to original”
- When you mouse over the text of the site, a bubble will appear which shows each paragraph in the original language (English)
- To return to English, go to the top right (above the blue bar) and click “Original”.
- The entire site will return to English.
Note: The Google translator uses Flash and may not work as expected on some devices.
If you have a Special Language Proficiency
New England Burials at Sea has frequent need for language translators (and ASL signing) in many locations.
- Language Proficiency/Linguistic Access professionals and providers of culturally appropriate linguistic services
- Qualified RID certified and non-RID certified Interpreters that can help us meet the needs of Deaf and Hard of Hearing passengers.
If you enjoy being on the water, are responsible, respectful of others, and would like to work with New England Burials at Sea in a location near you, our human resources office will be happy to interview you over the phone. For an up-to-date list of locations, please go to Burial At Sea Services and, Locations We Service in the top menu. If you do not see your location listed, please feel free to submit your credentials for consideration, as new locations are added frequently.
See also Religions